How do you build a personal brand? According to Entrepreneur Magazine you need to be both visible and accessible. The steps may seem vague, so we've put together a list of tangible ways you can grow a powerful personal brand. Here’s a few ways you to make yourself more known.
- Attend conferences, if nothing else to socialize and network
- Sponsor or speak at an event. Without a budget? volunteer to be on the committee.
- Invite others to attend, create your own networking team, and meet as many people as possible
- Practice 2-way networking, start with what you can do for someone else first
- Create a social media profile that makes you an “expert” on a particular subject, even if it’s just a hobby that you know a lot about
- Share news that’s relevant to your network: industry articles, conference recap, keynote speaker take-always
- Know your value proposition and be able to articulate what makes you special in a positive way without coming off as self-absorbed
If you start here, you'll be on your way to developing a memorable and sought after personal brand. Are you a risk taker? You might also want to check out this article on 10 unconventional ways you can build your personal presence.